Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ridiculous

With first-hand experience with the college admissions process, I've decided to create a new standard for selecting students.

1. Physical strength - Physical strength? Why choose such a bestial attribute? College is meant to sharpen and prepare us for the challenges of the real world; the real world is a scary place. Let's say you just bought an iPhone because your awesome job affords you a $600 phone, and some guy tries to steal it. You have to be able to defend yourself! Otherwise your hard earned paycheck will go the way of a sneaky pickpocket.

2. Lack of conscience - Are you a danger to others? Then you are a perfect match for a top notch university! Consider the business world today; with something as old school as a conscience, your business will be quickly left behind by the corporations who have no problem destroying the souls of some poor business owner. Plus, without a conscience you will easily fit in on a reality show, such as "The Real World Hurts" or "Survive...Literally we will kill you on air." And if that doesnt put money in the bank, try politics. Destroying someones public image is not easy when you actually feel bad, so ditch the conscience and get to work!

3. Clones - That's right, clone yourself. Colleges crave the USNews rankings, and they climb the list by denying more and more people. If you clone yourself 20 times, a college can afford to admit you and reject your 19 clones. At that rate, the university would have a 5% acceptance rate. Suck it Princeton! Plus a clone is the perfect wingman at a college frat party.

4. Strange minority - Sure, everyone complains about affirmative action, but who could really deny an education to someone with a martian as a parent? Or perhaps youve been struck by lightning so many times your ethnicity is indiscernible. Is there a little box for that? I dont think so. Better yet, youre actually dead. You could conduct research at a top university while also providing material for your peers to study; no one loses when you admit the dead.

5. Shroud of mystery - This should be saved for an act of desperation, but still useful. If the admission committee comes across a mostly blank application, they will take a second look, just to confirm that someone actually had the balls to send in a blank application. Then in small print, they find the message "I used invisible ink." In reality, you didnt, but they cant know for sure now can they. Curiosity killed the cat, and by virtue the admissions people lose their jobs by admitting unqualified but uber-mysterious students. Like I said, desperation.

So there are my suggested qualities for admission into college, based on rigorous study and firsthand experience. For now, Ill pretend my SATs make me as special as my mother tells me.

5 comments:

Molly said...

1. Physical strength? Check. Or....well...maybe not so much but my Sensi said I was an excellent martial artist...so in theory... But why anyone would buy an iphone is beyond me. Why buy one little dinky phone when you can get a camera, computer, and cell! Three is so much better than one.

2-3 Not so much.

5. Shroud of Mystery? Well...sure a bit, everyone hides things.

Dang! Does two out of five grant you admission to this crazy college of yours or is it only for those privileged enough to me half martian?

Though I'm going to stick to my belief that standardized tests mean nothing.

A.M.S. said...

Well, thankfully my college doesnt exist. But I would be intrigued to see a student body selected by those standards.

Probably a tad quirky

Unknown said...

Oh college. I love it. My name is Sarah by the way. I don't mean to be creepy and comment on your blog out of nowhere. I was just looking for some blogs to read....at...3:15 in the morning....

fictionalbeauty01 said...

hiii sounds cool as...
im from australia so college doesnt exist here!!
im bored and somehow come accross ur blog.. i just started mine!

Angel of Delusion said...

Good luck with the SATs. Necessary for getting into college but in reality I haven't had anyone care what college I graduated from or what my grades were since I graduated. What they care about is can you do the job.

Also, I'm tagging you. This is one way to get more people to visit your blog. Go to my site http://angelofdelusion.blogspot.com to read the rules.